Earlier this month, we visited the Facebook HQ in London to attend the MCV Women In Game Awards. I am thrilled to announce I won the Rising Star Of The Year – Development award!
I was nominated against so many other amazing talented women that it was a real shock to win, so I’d like to highlight all of the amazing nominees:
Rising Star of the Year – Development Award – supported by Splash Damage
- Elyse Gymer, 3d character animator, Creative Assembly
- Steph McStea, QA analyst, Team17
- Iva Bachvarova, producer, Good Catch Games
- Vicky Potts, co-founder, Whitepot Studios
- Laura Dodds, art director, Dream Reality Interactive
- Lara Coulson, junior game designer, Ubisoft Reflections
- Connie Duffy, communications and marketing assistant, Ground Shatter Ltd.
We received some great coverage – which you can read below – and this is a great indicator that our Northern Irish game development scene is doing well.
- SyncNI – Local female game developer wins prestigious award
- Northern Ireland Screen – LOCAL FEMALE GAME DEVELOPER WINS PRESTIGIOUS AWARD
- Newsletter – NI gamer plays to her strengths to win top award
- Belfast Telegraph – Belfast gaming star wins top award at London event