Vicky wins MCV Women In Games ‘Rising Star Of The Year’ 2018!
May 11, 2018
Earlier this month, we visited the Facebook HQ in London to attend the MCV Women In Game Awards. I am thrilled to announce I won the Rising Star Of The Year – Development award!
I was nominated against so many other amazing talented women that it was a real shock to win, so I’d like to highlight all of the amazing nominees:
Rising Star of the Year – Development Award – supported by Splash Damage
- Elyse Gymer, 3d character animator, Creative Assembly
- Steph McStea, QA analyst, Team17
- Iva Bachvarova, producer, Good Catch Games
- Vicky Potts, co-founder, Whitepot Studios
- Laura Dodds, art director, Dream Reality Interactive
- Lara Coulson, junior game designer, Ubisoft Reflections
- Connie Duffy, communications and marketing assistant, Ground Shatter Ltd.
We received some great coverage – which you can read below – and this is a great indicator that our Northern Irish game development scene is doing well.
- SyncNI – Local female game developer wins prestigious award
- Northern Ireland Screen – LOCAL FEMALE GAME DEVELOPER WINS PRESTIGIOUS AWARD
- Newsletter – NI gamer plays to her strengths to win top award
- Belfast Telegraph – Belfast gaming star wins top award at London event